To operate our programs in an orderly, fair fashion, the Marion Natural History Museum has enacted some policies regarding the registration of children for our after school and summer programs.
After School Programs:
- REGISTRATION & PAYMENT: After school programs fill quickly. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and your child's registration will not be secured until the Museum receives your payment. Please reserve your spot online, mail your payment to the Museum's PO Box (Box 644, Marion MA 02738), or drop off a check at the Museum during our business hours. Please do not submit forms to Sippican School or the Library! Forms submitted in this way do not secure your registration.
- REFUND POLICY: If you cancel for any reason prior to the beginning of your child’s scheduled program session, the amount of the tuition refunded will be determined by the following: 90+ days refunded in full (less any deposit); 30-90 days 50% refund (less any deposit); refunds will not be provided for cancellations occurring within 29 days prior to the beginning your child’s scheduled session date for any reason, including absent days and sick days. All cancellations must be received in writing.
For Summer Programs:
- A NONREFUNDABLE, NONTRANSFERABLE DEPOSIT of $50.00 per child per program is due with each registration form.
- DEADLINE NOTICE: All forms (registration, waiver, and release) and the balance of your fee are due no later than June 1st, each year. A $25 late fee per student is automatically accrued for any forms and/or payments received after June 1st. Registrations made after June 1 are to be paid in full and all forms to be filled out at the time of registration.
- REFUND POLICY: If you cancel for any reason prior to the beginning of your child’s scheduled program session, the amount of the tuition refunded will be determined by the following: 90+ days refunded in full less the deposit; 30-90 days 50% refund less the deposit; refunds will not be provided for cancellations occurring within 29 days prior to the beginning your child’s scheduled session date for any reason, including absent days and sick days. All cancellations must be received in writing.
- SUMMER PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS: Due to the outdoor nature of our programs, participants must be able to move about on uneven terrain and to meaningfully participate in age-appropriate activities, including nature study. All participants must follow the stated behavior expectations and safety rules. Program Director reserves the right to dismiss a student when, in her judgment, the student’s behavior interferes with the rights of others, the smooth functioning of the group or activity, or violates the program’s principles of conduct. Dismissals forfeit the registration fees.
- Participation in all programs at the museum require your acceptance of the following waiver: Program participants, or the guardian or next of kin of said applicant or such other person of persons having legal custody of, or interest in said applicant in consideration of said application, do hereby remise, release, and forever discharge the said Marion Natural History Museum, their officials, agents, representatives, successors, and demands for upon, or by reasons of any damage, loss, injury, or suffering sustained by the applicant as a result of any aspect of a program activity or practice in which such applicant shall participate.
- By participating in Museum activities, you also grant the Marion Natural History Society the right to use, reproduce, and/or distribute
photographs, films, video recordings of participants for use in any materials they may create.