Set off on a sought-after journey to Bird Island, renowned for its vibrant bird life. This program, a favorite among after school science and nature enthusiasts, offers an exceptional opportunity to observe diverse bird species in their natural habitat.
What to expect on this popular trip:
- Feathered Friends: Encounter the seasonal arrival of Common terns, the endangered Roseate tern, as well as Oyster catchers and possibly Canada geese.
- Critical Habitat: Discover why Bird Island is a rare, vital and safe nesting site for these birds.
- Boat Trip Adventure: We’ll travel by boat, courtesy of the Marion Harbormaster, to this significant location. Life jackets are required.
- Safety Note: Please bring a life jacket for the boat trip. If you’re unable to provide a life jacket, let us know, and we’ll assist.
- Gathering Point: The adventure begins and ends at the Marion Harbormaster’s office, Island Wharf.
Join our popular birdwatching expedition!
A naturalist’s dream perfect for birdwatching enthusiasts and nature lovers! Get ready for an afternoon filled with discovery and natural beauty on Bird Island!
All participants and registrants of Museum programs must agree to abide by the Museum's Terms & Conditions.